Cheddar and Bacon Cookies
Mix up the dough to keep in your fridge and “slice and bake” as needed. The “cookies” are best eaten right away but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Yield = approx 35 cookies
- 4 oz raw bacon, cooked extra crispy and crumbled finely
- 8 oz all purpose flour
- 6 oz sharp cheddar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 Tbs heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, cream, oil, salt and cayenne.
- Add cheese and flour and mix very well.
- Add bacon and work dough until it comes together.
- Roll into a log approx. 2.5 inches in diameter and refrigerate until dough is cold and slices cleanly.
- Slice in 1/3 inch pieces. (Can leave in refrigerator for up to three days or freeze. If dough is frozen allow to defrost slightly then slice.)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!