Shrimp Piccata with Artichokes (serves 4)
- One pound large shrimp (31-40 count)
- 14 oz can quartered artichokes
- 7 T butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 T capers
- 2 pieces of white bread, crusts removed. Butter generously and toast until golden and dried out until you can break apart into small crumbs. You can’t over butter it!!!!
- 1 T finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta
- White pepper
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
Melt 3 T of butter in a sauté pan. Turn heat to medium and add garlic and crushed red pepper (if desired). Cook for 2 minutes or until garlic is soft, but not caramelized. Add shrimp and sauté for about 5 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through. Remove shrimp from pan.
Add wine, lemon juice, and capers to pan. Turn heat up. Allow to reduce by about 25% (about 3-4 minutes on high heat). Whisk in 4 T of cold butter (cut in small chunks). Lower heat and add shrimp and artichokes to pan. Heat through. Toss with parsley and check seasonings. Serve over angel hair pasta. Top each serving with 1-2 T on buttered breadcrumbs. Enjoy!