Sweet and Spicy Pecans
These sweet and spicy pecans make a yummy snack and a fantastic salad topping.
- 1 cup large pecan halves
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 TBS melted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve 1/4 cup sugar in warm water.
- Add pecans and soak for 10 minutes. Drain pecans well.
- Combine 2T sugar, chili powder, ground red pepper, and salt in large mixing bowl. Add pecans.
- Drizzle with melted butter and mix very well.
- Pour pecans in one layer on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before covering.